Monday, March 4, 2013

North Alabama Regulators Match

Sheriff Frank Canton and I headed south to visit The North Alabama Regulators this morning. When I woke up this morning and saw it was snowing I wasn't sure of our choice. I had to sweep snow out of the bed of my truck before loading gear. We left in the snow and had snow falling until South Pittsburg. When we got to Caverns Cove it was cloudy, cold and windy.

They had 29 shooters brave the cold and come out and shoot including 2 new shooters, Big Jim Vaquero and Leatherneck Jack. Our posse started on stage 3 and it was an ugly start, several of the first few shooters had misses, procedurals or in my case both. By the time we finished the first stage the sun was beginning to break through the clouds and things got a lot better.

 Tuff Stuff wrote the stages and once my fingers and brain began to thaw out they were a lot of fun. We had a fair amount of movement which helped keep the blood pumping on a cold day. We had one stage, which was my favorite, that had 6 shotgun knock downs and 4 shooting positions. At the jail we only had 3 shotgun kd's, I'm glad I shoot a double barrel because I needed all 4 shots. On 1 stage we had down range movement and the closest thing to stand and deliver was the Saloon and you still had to run through the doors and to the bar. I hope Bo Didley is ok, he tripped over a prop and took a tumble but didn't drop any guns, he did better than I did last year when I fell and lost both pistols.

Barkeep Casey was the Top Gun of the day, followed by Tuff Stuff, Graver Bill, Ben T. Iron, Lone Wolf Swain, Waco Jim, Randy Saint Eagle, Buck D Law, El Camino and Lefty Young Gun rounded out the Top 10.

Scores when available

I have to say a big thank you to Sugah for taking pictures and videos for me.

Videos


Photo Bucket has changed and right now I cannot make a slideshow, hopefully they will get that straightened out soon. But here is a link to the pictures.

Pictures

Thanks to all the North Alabama Regulators for welocoming us.

The next match at Wartrace will be a Cowboy Make-up Match this Saturday March 9, for more info always check out our website.

Wartrace Regulators

Happy Trails, until we meet again.

No comments: