Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Ambush at Cavern Cove 2009

Papa Dave, Sheriff Frank Canton and I hitched up Papa Dave's wagon and made the trip to Ambush, The SASS Alabama State Championship, hosted by The North Alabama Regulators, Oct. 2-4, 2009

This was my first trip to Ambush because it is usually on the same weekend as the workers shoot thru for the Tennessee State Championship.

We got there just in time to check in, have lunch and shoot the afternoon wave of side matches.
They had the standard side matches plus The Cool Waters Secret Stage. It was a lot of fun and I, for one, am glad they made it a side match and not a main match stage.

Saturday morning started off with a safety meeting and a very interesting short presentation with some history about our flag.

We were on Posse 9, " The Absolute Best Posse there", Sidekick did an excellent job as our posse marshall, and everyone worked together making it as smooth running a posse as I've ever been on. We had 8 Category winners on our posse, as well as Sidekick the Ambush '09 Top Gun,
After 6 straight forward and fast stages we had plenty of time to visit the vendors, I've never seen so many vendors at a State Shoot, and clean up before the Sat. Night Banquet.

At the banquet we had a good meal, Best Dressed awards and door prize giveaways, I think they gave away 5 guns, but of course, none of us won anything.
There were ladies dressed in beautiful dresses and costumes as well as a lot of well dressed men. I was so stressed out over shooting bad I left my camera in my guncart at the range. See Sheriff Donalds Pictures.

I think I forgot to mention, the weather Saturday was fantastic. Papa Dave and I are still trying to think up a good excuse for why we shot so bad. I had 5 misses.


1 comment:

Allison said...

I know a good excuse....the sun was in your eyes:)