Friday, March 27, 2009

Joe Gish's Old West Museum

We drove to Fredericksburg, about 1.25 hours, because I didn't want to be that close and not go to Texas Jacks. Texas Jacks is the ultimate store for most Cowboy Action Shooters. I was a little disappointed that they had almost no B- Western clothing. I did find a Sheplers in in San Antonio though. While in Fredericksburg we found out about Joe Gish's Old West Museum. This is one man's private collection. An add in the local paper said when I'm home it's open, call or come on by. We were lucky and he was home.
Joe is 85 years old and he and his wife go to the gym and work out 3 times a week. He said he'd always been interested in the old west and just collected anything he found interesting.

If you ever make it to Fredericksburg go by and say hi to Joe and look around, it's worth your time. I don't think you'll find any Cowboy Action Shooter that wouldn't love to have such a collection.


No comments: